Sunday, May 2, 2010

4/24

I got up at a decent hour today and laid out by the river with a bunch of girls from my program and Cait after lunch. I got a fanta naranja (orange soda) with them at one of the little outside bars by the river to sit and relax for a while. After that I went home to shower and get ready.


I wore the flamenco dress Ana lent me once again after dinner. I went out with a bunch of girls who live in my residencia to a public caseta for a while, but then we tried to get into a private one that was enormous! The doorman wouldn't let us in since we didn't have an invitation and a woman and her husband who were leaving heard us. The woman gave me her invite card so that we could get in!


More of Feria at night, spectacular lights, crowded streets, and everyone dressing up! Below you can see rows of casetas, street lights, and the roof of one of the public casetas with bulb lights. The smaller casetas usually have tissue paper decorating the ceiling, like what I showed on Thursday in my professor's caseta and below as well.


At the end of the night I got cotton candy, yummmm!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment