Sunday, May 2, 2010

4/25

I got up at 1:30 today, I'm so used to the late nights and late rises. I went to the river by myself to read for a while.

I met up with Brittany around 4 pm to go see the attractions in Feria, which basically compose the theme park part of the fair. They had "Barca Vikinga" which is the rocking ship! We rode one ride called Booster that was pretty neat. Before the ride began we were hoisted into the air and had an awesome view of Feria that I snapped a picture of!

Below: Brittany on Booster and the initial view of that we got. You can see all the casetas lined up side by side. They are a lot of work to put up and down as you can imagine and therefore are a very expensive form of entertainment, yet almost every family in Sevilla pays dearly to belong to one!

Brittany and I got some rebujito at a public caseta and then sat in the sun for a while in a private one that somehow didn't stop us from entering. We went home and showered and then I went with Fatima, Alfonso, Salva and his cousin (friends of Alfonso), Cait, and Suzy to see the midnight fireworks on the roof of an apartment building that was 12 stories high.

Cait and Suzy left after the fireworks to go home but I stayed with the Spaniards to walk around Feria. It was so dead!

Above: views of Feria at night from the roof of the apartments
Alfonso and Salva's cousin went on a ride together that was similar to Booster the one that I rode earlier in the day. By the time we were leaving at about 2 or 3 am everything was being taken down and packed up. I got a delicious candy apple!

Above: Alfonso and Fatima my Spanish apartment-mates.

No comments:

Post a Comment