Sunday, May 9, 2010

5/6

Thurssssday! One of my favorite days of the week here...the start of the weekend! :)
Went to class as usual today and then came home for lunch which was my special request--paella! We had paella de marisco (which is seafood and yellow rice sometimes with vegetables). You either love it or hate it, so about half of the people at the table didn't eat and the other half (including me) ate more than my share.

I came up a little later to lunch today so it was just Fatima and me eating together for some of the time. (She didn't want me to take a picture!). Also below, you can see Enrique cleaning up the table.

After lunch I had time to take a shower and get ready before meeting my cousin Sarah at McDonald's at 5. I took her out for a cono kitkat for her 21st birthday (which is tomorrow, Fri. May 7)! Then we walked around and shopped for a while because Sarah wanted to find this anchor t-shirt and we also wanted to look for souvenirs for family together. We stopped at a caricature artist's stand and got one done together which turned out really funny! He drew us in Flamenco dresses and put spider earrings on Sarah!

We met up near there with two of Sarah's friends from school and stopped by their school and they gave me a tour of it. The inside is deceivingly bigger than it looks like it would be from the outside! Afterwards, Sarah, her friend Jessica, and I all went to the ceramic stores in Triana. We found some things we liked and but didn't know that there was a store near the Cathedral with cheaper ceramics that we wanted so Sarah and I walked back over to the Cathedral. Unfortunately the store closed at 8 and it was just after so we will have to go back to get them.


The outward appearance of the Cathedral never ceases to amaze me.

On Calle Asuncion in Los Remedios where I live there was some sort of orchestra concert going on amid the shops. Below you can see a picture of SuperSol, the grocery store that I always go to!

After dinner I went out to Calle Alfalfa with some people in my program. We went to Robotica. These are pictures of Alfonso, his friend Jesus, and me at the residencia, and then a picture of Calle Alfalfa. It is PACKED on Thursdays, just imagine Saturdays...

No comments:

Post a Comment