Sunday, May 9, 2010

5/8

I spent the entire day today catching up my blog (there was a lot of work to do!) and writing my essays due on Monday so that I can have Fatima check them and make any adjustments needed. I got pretty close to catching it up all the way! Finally around 7 pm I got out of the house. I went shopping originally intending to look for souvenirs, but all the shops I wanted to get stuff from were closed. I ended up clothes shopping instead :) so bad.

On my way back there was a crowd of people and a mini paso going through. I don't know if it was for Ascension Day or something? It just had a simple cross with a white cloth. It was very informal even though there was a band because when they stopped for a break all the guys carrying the paso came out from under!

I took a picture so you could see what they do and wear. They wear those head wraps so that there is some padding on their necks since they carry the paso on their lower necks. The fabric on the sides of the paso conceals them underneath.

That night I went for one last Saturday night hoorah with the people from my residencia to a discoteca in Nervion (we had to take the metro there). It was called Abril and was a lot of fun, you can see the crazy purple lights below.

We had to take a taxi home since it was so far from where we lived and the metro had stopped running. The taxi had a clear wall in between the driver and back seat like a police car! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment